Wednesday, April 20, 2011

To God's Chosen People!



Have a joyous and special Pesach this year my dear friends.


Why did I write such a song?

While practicing my violin, the day before Pesach, Passover, I heard a
distinct tune. Immediately I put the words to it. "My people, they do not
hear, nor do they understand". I opened my Bible the only place where I
remember this passage could not be found, Acts 28, and sang. And I sang and I sang and I could not forget this song.

"Go to this people and say:
"Hearing you will hear, and shall not understand;
And seeing you will see, and not perceive;
27 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes
and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them."
Such a melancholic song. Such depressing words. Blindess, hardness,
deafness. What does it mean? How can God say such a thing? This was and is God's message to His people. I almost wanted to cry but I could not.
There's something so yearning deep in the words of Isaiah that God spoke to
him. HOW LONG, ADONAI?

Last night I opened my Bible and immediately fell upon Isaiah 6. Ah...
that's where the passage is found.
Somehow this pass week I have been saying, "Here I am, send me." Then I had the same reply at Isaiah, "Go to this people and say..."
I have to tell you. I cannot feel the same way YHWH did when He spoke these
words. I cannot imagine what God has to go through. The pain of a people
who see but cannot see, hear but cannot hear.
And yet, all of us, see but cannot see, and hear but cannot hear. All of
us, have a veil that lies over our hearts.
I can only hope. I can only hope for the day when YHWH, in His own time and
in His own way, opens eyes, unstops ears, and gives His people a new heart.
(Ezekiel 36).

And this, only He can do.


Here's an explanation by Art Katz about Christ and Passover. I listened to this and it was very helpful and interesting. Here's another one,  and one more specifically about the Passover lamb and its significance. 

Hebrew4Christians.com has a detailed and informative guide to Passover proper, and you can download the Passover Seder guide here

Dr Brown did a recent radio show about Easter and Passover. It's rather long, two hours, but it's nice because you can turn on your "radio" and listen to it like a radio show while on a long drive, etc. 

Here's a Chabad-Lubavitch site about Passover, very informative and colorful with many links, resources, recipes, etc. You can watch a movie about Moses here

Scripture Readings of significance Passover are Exodus 1-15, Matthew 26, Mark 14, and John 13, besides other places in Scripture.  
  
And how do you eat matzo? I had some with peanut butter, and also nice with cold apple-almond-raisin-honey-cinnamon charoset! Had a yummy passover dinner which I spent all afternoon cooking - photos to come!

I exhort of my brothers and sisters to understand and to share the light of Yeshua this Pesach. 
Shalom, Beka. 

No comments: