Monday, January 10, 2011




The "Shema" is an essential credo of faith and far more. I find it so meaningful, and it means lot to me. It is discipline and a wise one to recite the Shema every day, when I awake and when I sleep. I don't recite as liturgy or just mindlessly do it, but here's why I found the reciting this portion of Scripture and proclaiming the truth of YHWH into my life is so benefitial.

1) "Shema Israel" - Hear O Israel!
A call, a call to Israel and to all of God's Chosen People to hear, to listen, and to heed the Word of YHWH God.

2) "YHWH our God, YHWH is one"
The acknowledge and declaration of YHWH as God, and His unity and oneness. I proclaim YHWH as our God, my God, and I proclaim His glorious holy and majectic name, the Only name that brings salvation and life, the Name above all names.

3) "You shall love," with all your heart, soul, and strength. With everything I am. I begin each day to surrender my life, my heart, my mind, my will, my emotions, my strength, and all my being to the Lordship of Yeshua,

Romans 12:1-2 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

It is a wondrous thing to begin each day with a confession of faith in YHWH and a total dedication of my life to Him as a holy, living, sacrifice.

1 Peter 2:4 4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ 

Note: "Through Yeshua the Messiah". Only through Him, because He was the once-for all perfect sacrifice, the Passover lamb, the total burnt offering that cleansed us once and for all.

I want to confess every day, as the Shema says, I love You and You alone, YHWH, with all my heart, soul, and strength. I want to live every day in Your will and for YOu glory. I want to be made into yOur image and conformed to your likeness. I want You and You alone.
Adonai, adonai echad.

4) These Words (ten words... the ten commandments. Also means all of YHWH's words and not man's words. ) which I command you today, shall be in YOur heart. Yes, the torah, the mitzvahs, and all the Word of YHWH as revealed to man. This was a foreshadowing of the New Covenant:

John 17: 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 


Jeremiah 31:3-34 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Ezekiel 36: 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. 


"Write it on their hearts." "Put My Spirit within you...cause you to walk in MY statures..."

5) "You shall teach them dilligently...talk of them..." I have to learn them dilligently. When I sit down, rise up, walk, and lie down.

Joshua 1:8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.


Psalm 1: Blessed is the man...his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night...whatever he does shall prosper. 
         

To meditate and live IN YHWH's sovereign word (firman) is life and life abundant!


6) To bind them as a sign on my forehead and on my arm, I don't do literally (as in with tefillin). More important to me is that I always keep them before my eyes, meditate them in my mind, and do them and heed them my my actions (hands).

7) "Write... doorposts... gates." In my going out and coming in, to always remember.


Conclusion: 

Mark 12:28-30
28 Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving[a] that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first commandment of all?” 
29 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one. 30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’


John 14: 15-18, 23-24 
   
15 “If you love Me, keep[d] My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.


23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.


1 John 2: 3-11


3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. 
7 Brethren,[a] I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning.[b] 8 Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining. 
9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.


Love is the essence of the law.

(Colossians 3:14 The Scriptures 1998+)  But above all these put on love, which is a bond of the perfection.
Love is of God. The very essence of the Law is to Love YHWH and love our brethren. 

We cannot do this in ourselves. It is completely anthetical to sinful human nature, for we are naturally lovers of ourselves. We need the cross. The Cross of Yeshua the Messiah was the ultimate act of God's mercy and undeserved love. When we are in Christ, when we take up our cross to follow Him, we live in His love, and we love others. As Yeshua loved us, so we ought to love one another. Love is the promise of the new covenant. It is a covenant of love, the supreme, boundless, love of God.

(John 3:16 The Scriptures 1998+)  “For Elohim so loved the world that He gave His only brought-forth Son, so that everyone who believes in Him should not perish but possess everlasting life.

As He loved us, He gave us the love to Love Him, and with the love He gave us, we love each other.

For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Master Yeshua Messiah, from whom all fatherhood1 in the heavens and earth is named, in order that He might give you, according to the riches of His esteem by power, to be strengthened in the inner man, through His Spirit, that the Messiah might dwell in your hearts1 through belief – having become rooted and grounded in love,  in order that you might be strengthened to firmly grasp, with all the set-apart ones, what is the width and length and depth and height, to know the love of Messiah which surpasses knowledge, in order that you might be filled to all the completeness of Elohim. And to Him who is able to do exceedingly above what we ask or think, according to the power that is working in us, to Him be esteem in the assembly by Messiah Yeshua unto all generations, for ever and ever. Amen. 
(Ephesians 3:14-21 The Scriptures 1998+)




Deu 7:9  “And you shall know that YHWH your Elohim, He is Elohim, the trustworthy El guarding covenant and kindness for a thousand generations with those who love Him, and those who guard His commands, 


Deu 10:12  “And now, Yisra’el, what is YHWH your Elohim asking of you, but to fear YHWH your Elohim, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, and to serve YHWH your Elohim with all your heart and with all your being, 


Deu 13:3  do not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for YHWH your Elohim is trying you to know whether you love YHWH your Elohim with all your heart and with all your being. 


1Jn 5:3  For this is the love for Elohim, that we guard His commands,1 and His commands are not heavy, 


1Jn 4:10  In this is love, not that we loved Elohim, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be an atoning offering for our sins. 


1Jn 4:16  And we have known and believed the love that Elohim has for us. Elohim is love, and he who stays in love stays in Elohim, and Elohim in him. 

Love is the fufilment of the Torah. "When done in love, labor becomes rest." Elohim was and is and always will be love.

No comments: