Thursday, July 1, 2010

B'rit Hadashah - the New Covenant

These are passages from Hosea about 'olam haba, the age to come! What a beautiful, glorious promise God has in store. 
Hosea 2:    14 “ Therefore, behold, I will allure her, 
      Will bring her into the wilderness, 
      And speak comfort to her. 
       15 I will give her her vineyards from there, 
      And the Valley of Achor as a door of hope; 
      She shall sing there, 
      As in the days of her youth, 
      As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt. 
       16 “ And it shall be, in that day,” 
      Says the LORD, 

      “ That you will call Me ‘My Husband,’[c]
      And no longer call Me ‘My Master,’[d]
       17 For I will take from her mouth the names of the Baals, 
      And they shall be remembered by their name no more. 
       18 In that day I will make a covenant for them 
      With the beasts of the field, 
      With the birds of the air, 
      And with the creeping things of the ground. 
      Bow and sword of battle I will shatter from the earth, 
      To make them lie down safely. 
       19 “ I will betroth you to Me forever; 
      Yes, I will betroth you to Me 
      In righteousness and justice, 
      In lovingkindness and mercy; 
       20 I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, 
      And you shall know the LORD. 
       21 “ It shall come to pass in that day 
      That I will answer,” says the LORD; 

      “ I will answer the heavens, 
      And they shall answer the earth. 
       22 The earth shall answer 
      With grain, 
      With new wine, 
      And with oil; 
      They shall answer Jezreel.[e]
       23 Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth, 
      And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy;[f]
      Then I will say to those who were not My people,[g]

      ‘ You are My people!’ 
      And they shall say, ‘You are my God!’”
Hosea 6:  11 Also, O Judah, a harvest is appointed for you, 
      When I return the captives of My people.



Hosea 3:5 5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They shall fear the LORD and His goodness in the latter days.(acharith yom )


Hosea 14

 1 O Israel, return to the LORD your God,
      For you have stumbled because of your iniquity;
       
2 Take words with you,
      And return to the LORD.
      Say to Him,

      “ Take away all iniquity;
      Receive 
us graciously,
      For we will offer the sacrifices
[a] of our lips.
       
3 Assyria shall not save us,
      We will not ride on horses,
      Nor will we say anymore to the work of our hands, ‘
You are our gods.’
      For in You the fatherless finds mercy.”
       
4 “ I will heal their backsliding,
      I will love them freely,
      For My anger has turned away from him.
       
5 I will be like the dew to Israel;
      He shall grow like the lily,
      And lengthen his roots like Lebanon.
       
6 His branches shall spread;
      His beauty shall be like an olive tree,
      And his fragrance like Lebanon.
       
7 Those who dwell under his shadow shall return;
      They shall be revived 
like grain,
      And grow like a vine.
      Their scent
[b]shall be like the wine of Lebanon.
       
8 “ Ephraim shall say, ‘What have I to do anymore with idols?’
      I have heard and observed him.
      I 
am like a green cypress tree;
      Your fruit is found in Me.”
       
9 Who is wise?
      Let him understand these things.
      
Who is prudent?
      Let him know them.
      For the ways of the LORD 
are right;
      The righteous walk in them,
      But transgressors stumble in them.

No comments: