Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Passages from Jeremiah

This past week or more I have been reading the book of Jeremiah. As the major prophets always seemed to me like big books full of fantastic visions and wild prophecies I couldn't understand, yet this time when I returned to Jeremiah it was so full of God's Word to me, to the church, and to Israel too, that I am so blessed by reading it.

Though it seems a dreary book full of the repenting and judgement of backslided Israel and Judah, yet there is SO MUCH to learn for me, and I intend to study the book further after I have finished going through it.


Jeremiah 3:14 “Return, O backsliding children,” says the LORD; “for I am married to you. I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion. 15 And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding. 16 “Then it shall come to pass, when you are multiplied and increased in the land in those days,” says the LORD, “that they will say no more, ‘The ark of the covenant of the LORD.’ It shall not come to mind, nor shall they remember it, nor shall they visit it, nor shall it be made anymore. 17 “At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the LORD, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts. 18 “In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given as an inheritance to your fathers. 


How BEAUTIFUL! What a hope! What a promise! What a future God has in store for us in the millineum! OUght this passage not strike something in our hearts for our future is in Christ. I pray 7That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
 18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, (Eph 1)


 Titus 2:11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
 13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.


 
Rev 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.[m] Amen. 

No comments: