Monday, March 8, 2010

Purpose of this blog


Sidetrack:  As I have been reading the Pentateuch (or Torah) with Daddy and Samuel every night, I also read some of Wierbe’s commentary. I tell you, at some points, I couldn’t put it down. It gave me a whole new perspective rather than the typical “Sunday-school” interpretation. I’m not saying either is correct or wrong. Sometimes, because my flesh is “bored” with the Old Testament, having read it too much and neglected other books as a child, I get out a book or cd, like “Unlocking the Bible” by David Pawson, or Wiersbe’s commentary, or even read it in the Jewish Complete Bible by David Stern, just to rekindle something inside (creative ways to make those same “Bible stories” become real living rhema to me) Or even just reading the same old NKJV version slowly, helps! I’ve gained a lot of “rhemas” from plain reading and letting God speak to me through His word.

Where was I? Oh yes – I wanted to explain my purpose for writing on this blog. This verse has been echoeing to me by various people:
  Prov 11:25 The generous soul will be made rich, 
      And he who waters will also be watered himself. 

Aunty Dorothy has been teaching us a lot about generosity, especially about sharing Jesus with others. I want to be watered, which means I should water others too – Pastor said some time ago, that after 3 years in Christ we must start to serve Him already, for all the disciples had was 3 years. Now I am not saying I want to start a youth-run“ ministry”, and do a lot of “good things”, like Martha. I want to serve God, just by giving my life to him, sitting at his feet. (more on that another time!)

Pawson said, that there is no such thing as “secular” work for a Christian, because there is no separation between “sacred” and “secular”, like the Greeks say, but instead, “holy”, “clean”, and “unclean,  as God stated in Leviticus (Listen to Unlocking the Bible: Leviticus). That is true: because as Christians, we have died to the flesh and live in Christ, everything we do must be consecrated to God for His service. That is what I want to do with my life – serve God.

I have been learning a lot in the Bible on what it really means to serve God! I will post them up soon. The purpose of writing in this blog, is hopefully that I can encourage and water others, especially youths, to seek and love God. I realize that indeed there are very few on the narrow way, indeed so very few! And the road is so very narrow. I fall short many times, but by the grace of God, hopefully my journey, with all its struggles, will be a blessing to others in the form of this blog. So I hope at least others will be blessed from my testimonies, because more and more everyday I realize, that I am nothing. It is by the grace of God and His mercy. His goodness, His lovingkindness!

I don’t think I’m in any position to “preach” and “teach”, though sometimes, I “share” with the other girls in church a little, so this is not a blog of my “sermons”, just “testimonies” J

I think my blog motto should be “When Christ calls a man, He bids him COME and DIE!”. And so I learn, everyday what it means to die daily. Oh I have so much to learn, such a great journey ahead of me. And I truly pray that God will touch your life and bring you deeper in Him! Oh (Eph 1) 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding[c] being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power! Amen. 

No comments: